Humans......Humans!!!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Few silly harmless superstitions are fun sometimes. I also have a few superstitions like seeing one myna is for sorrow, two is for joy, three is for letter and four is for boy! And crossing your fingers when you see a mail-van and opening them once you see a crow brings good luck! And many more…Its now that I realise that we depend so much on birds for our good-luck!
There is a post-office not very far from my college so I see a lot of mail-vans on my way. And today I noticed that finding a crow has become simpler than it was some years ago.
I tried to find out the reason and got that its one of the many consequences of 'global warming'. Because of the rising temperatures, it has become difficult for birds like sparrows to survive. That’s the reason we see so few sparrows nowadays. Birds like pigeons and crows can survive even in hotter climates and that's why they are growing unaffected by this.
And its after I read this that I noticed that till a few years ago I heard so many sparrows singing from the bushes and climbers near my room’s window but now I hear so less of it. I remember it was so soothing to get up from sleep everyday hearing their sweet voice first thing in the morning. It was like they have clubbed with my father to wake me up. Even my father didn’t mind my tantrums for 5 min of extra sleep because he liked the songs of these sparrows and, thus, didn’t mind coming to my room a few extra times to wake me up!!!
Neither me, nor my father have changed but both of us will always miss those sparrows.

6 Comments:

  • i tripped to ur blog after Rohit recommended it to me.

    after reading this i sat for 15 minutes near my window to see whether u r right or not and found that u r absolutely right. u hav made a brilliant observation. there is an ample decline in the number of sparrows nowadays and global warming cud be a reason for this. good, as long as its working for ur superstitions:)

    read ur other blogs too and they r equally brilliant. i read a comment in one of them asking why u took maths and not journalism, well, i also have the same question to ask.

    -Mohit (remember?? we all played cricket once and i bowled to u..)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 PM  

  • hey this one is good, i must say:)
    pehli baar tumhara koi post stupid aur padhne ke baad tum crazy nahi lag rahe!!
    by the way, just asking, tum sadak pe chidiya ginti rehti ho kya?? shayad tabhi Deepak kehta hai ki tum bohut dangerously road cross karti ho!! :o):o)just kidding....

    good work..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 AM  

  • interesting observation...let me try it tommorrow morning

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 AM  

  • never thought abt ths earlier..good observation..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 AM  

  • @Mohit
    thanks Mohit and of course i remember u but i think u dont...we played cricket but u didnt bowl to me, rather, u were the wicket keeper cheering me against Naveen:)
    remember??:):)

    @Naveen
    so finally u like my posts huh!!
    u know exactly how to praise somebody without letting it get hard on ur ego.
    aur haan mai chidiya ginti rehti hoon kyonki mujhe tumhari tarah ladkiyaan ginne ki zaroorat nahi hai aur mere liye ladke bhi to tum hi ginte rehte ho...to mere liye chidiya hi bach jaati hai...

    @Natasha
    what did u find the other morning??

    By Blogger Sangeeta, at 3:22 AM  

  • oye ye saala Mohit tujhe mere against cheer kar raha tha???? usko to mai dekh loonga........:):)

    and if i m counting guys for u then is it not ur duty to return the favour and help me with gals......? tu uski jagah chidiya gin rahi hai!!!!!!such thankless people r in ths world.....:(:(:(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


web page hit counter
Blockbuster DVD Rental