Humans......Humans!!!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Today was a sad day. Got up in the morning an hour before my father came to wake me up. I was still lying on the bed. Got ready for the college and rushed to bus stop. Got my usual bus- thanks to red light.

Had to wait a little longer at the next bus stop for my U-spl. When I was waiting there a stick hit my foot and I turned back to see a blind man walking towards a bus. His stick missed a big stone lying there and he was just about to trip when I held his arms. He just straightened up and walked away. This incident left a very sad thought in my mind. It left me wondering whether I would have been able to hold myself if I had missed that stone on that road. It’s a very stupid question to ask but the answer I kept getting is ‘no’. I would have actually tripped on the road. And I think anybody would have. After all, haven’t we tripped anywhere just because we didn’t see a chair or a person? We have our eyes intact, then how did we miss it? The reason for this is subconsciously; we all take our senses for granted. We will walk on a road chatting with our friends, hearing the noise, smelling the air, tasting the chewing gum we have in our mouth and looking for an okay road to walk, all at the same time. But how many times do we actually appreciate what we feel? Can we actually enjoy the experiences our friends narrate us, feel sick of the noise of horns, appreciate the fragrance from the nearby flower vender, savor the strawberry flavored gum in our mouth and look for potholes, all at the same time? I don’t think we can, though we all thrive to do it everyday and believe that we are good at it.

That blind man could manage to prevent the fall because he was aware of all his senses. He knows that he can’t see the potholes and stones and thus needs to be alert all the time.

Can expecting something terrible avert it? I saw in the morning that it can…

I am in a philosophical mood today. Maybe because my friend, who accompanies me to my college, took the day off and so I had to go alone. Maybe that’s why I got time to think all this truth-seeking stuff. Otherwise she would have kept me busy in trying to use all my senses at the same time! Anyways, I have learned a lesson today. I will try to be more aware of my senses. Lets see if I can avert the fall…

9 Comments:

  • nice thought...a little scary but thoughtful...
    neways i m going to ask Parul not to take any more offs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 AM  

  • chidiya chod ke potholes ginna shuru kar diya....my gawd!! dont u have any other better work to do standing at the bus stop???
    i mean, i never get time to think all this when i m waiting for a bus...that too a DTC..thanks to the poooor handwriting on their boards...
    anyways...what else cud i expect from u...:):)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM  

  • alrt....after reading the above comments i think they still r in a humourous mood.....hwevr this bolg really mean a lot to me coz i think if i wud hv a habit to write blogs...i surely wud hv loved to write this......it really touched ma heart.....we shud acknowledge every simple thing comes our way.....though m nt gud at expressing maself.....bt i think after reading this comment u must gt a glimpse of wht m feeling rt nw.....its meaningful n shud nt b ignored....may b i hvn't xperienced it or may b i never gave a thought to this....coz its a minor aspect of our life....bt nw i really feel hw significant this is......i really appreciate the wrk dn by ya.....keep up the gud wrk.....also m highly obliged especially with ur this blog.....dnt think m trying to b formal....its the truth wch m posting here.....hwevr i knw u r a very practical gal.....bt thn emotions also plays a vital role in our lives.....think abt it....m sure u r capable of writing on this aspect of life as well....think.....m waiting for the reply in the form of ur blog.....take care... :o)

    Atul

    By Blogger Atul Jain, at 4:07 AM  

  • @ Naveen
    thanks for the concern...i have already asked her not to take any more offs:)

    @ Rohit
    the u-spl i take has a printed board so i can afford to spare some time for these thoughts...

    @ Atul
    thank u very much
    m honoured to have such a comment from a person like u...
    and i agree with u on the role of emotions in our life...wil try to write abt it...

    By Blogger Sangeeta, at 2:31 AM  

  • reading ur blog aftr a very long time....and i loved this half an hr i spent reading all ur stuff.
    keep up the good work

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 AM  

  • Hats off to u sweety
    by d way, why have u called it a sad day?? u shud be happy that u learned such a lesson...i m happy about today coz my friend learned such a beautiful lesson and cared enough to share it with everybody.

    and i am sure u'll never fall:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 AM  

  • @ Rekha
    welcome back and thanku very much.

    @ Mohit
    thanks buddy and correction: good day:)

    By Blogger Sangeeta, at 5:20 AM  

  • i m a regular reader of ur blog but i have never commented on it because i have always found it so perfect that i never had anything to suggest or complain.
    today i have a ques to ask - what is U-spl?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 AM  

  • @ anonymous
    thanku very much...
    and u-spl means university-special.
    they are buses run by DTC(Delhi Transport Corporation) specially for university students.

    By Blogger Sangeeta, at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


web page hit counter
Blockbuster DVD Rental